20 July 2017
M&M Contractors (Europe) Ltd is now recruiting for a Site Supervisor.
Over the last 4 decades M&M Contractors have been developing and maintaining UK & Ireland’s Infrastructure. By specialising in power, telecoms, civil engineering and infrastructure we have built our business on a foundation of expertise, teamwork and customer service.
Location: Accrington / Carnforth / Morecombe
Salary: £40 – £45k (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
M&M Contractors are currently partnering with one of the UK’s largest fixed line carriers to extend and build additional network coverage in various UK regions. M&M Contractors are providing a fully outsourced service including project management and Site Supervisors. Site Supervisors direct the field teams to deliver on agreed project targets in line with cost, time, qualitative and quantitative measures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of day to day project delivery within a geographical area, including delivery to Virgin Media requirements, safety, quality, street works, supplier performance and improvement.
- Drive a “Safety First and “Right First Time” culture across the field operations backed up through plans and engagement with suppliers.
- Manage and lead ongoing civils and cabling contracts.
- Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are investigated competently and corrective action is taken where and when appropriate.
- Through a close working relationship with commercial, identify at the earliest opportunity risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/ or overhead cost impacting upon the project.
- Manage the operational relationship with all suppliers, and have monitoring in place to ensure that M&M Contractors standards are adhered to and met.
- All direct reports to have clear performance objectives and regular 1:1 meetings used to drive engagement.
- Budgetary and cost control for each project.
- Manage staff, oversee work schedules and assign specific duties accordingly.
- Deliver quality service to the client ensuring that performance standards & contractual KPI’s and SLA’s are met ensuring that performance standards & contractual KPI’s and SLA’s are
- To ensure the performance standards of project staff by holding regular reviews and reporting back to the Senior Operations Manager
- Carry out regular audits of staff performance and quality of work to ensure the highest standard of service and workmanship is being achieved.
- To establish and maintain close working relationships with key partners and stakeholders in the region.
- Communicate closely and provide timely and accurate periodical reports to R.O.M
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory and management experience with the telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of fixed line telecommunications networks.
- Proven track record of successfully managing teams, including contractor partners
- Civil project experience including both the field and back office elements, i.e. noticing a distinct advantageStrong stakeholder management and engagement experience
- Good commercial acumen
- Ability to understand, manage and deliver KPI’ s
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage field teams.
- Ability to contribute technical knowledge to proposals and reports
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative, creative and proactive with a solution oriented approach
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Commercially focused and aware
- Full, clean driving licence